Digital Eliteboard - Das Digitale Technik Forum

Registriere dich noch heute kostenloses um Mitglied zu werden! Sobald du angemeldet bist, kannst du auf unserer Seite aktiv teilnehmen, indem du deine eigenen Themen und Beiträge erstellst und dich über deinen eigenen Posteingang mit anderen Mitgliedern unterhalten kannst! Zudem bekommst du Zutritt zu Bereiche, welche für Gäste verwehrt bleiben

Support [Audi/VW/Skoda/Seat/CUPRA/Porsche] M.I.B. - More Incredible Bash - nur für Harmann MHI2(Q) - VIM, IFS-root Patcher, GEM enabler +++

Hello everybody :)

I come with a question about Carplay. I've been reading on the forum and I still have doubts and some fear of doing something wrong. I come from Mercedes system and have no knowledge about Audi system.

The car is from 2017 A3 2.0 Sedan and I don't have Carplay. From my research, I understood that it is possible to activate this function, through FW update or through the green menu.

Through the green menu, I don't feel comfortable messing with it because no video is explicit for me and I'm afraid of doing something wrong.
Updating the FW seems to be easier but even so it's hard for me to understand what the new version would be for me to download and update.

My Version is MHI2_ER_AU37x_P3620 Software unit 0875.

According to this, I cannot understand which version to download and update would be, because they say it would have to be in the same P3 version, but what I find is only P4 or P5 and my doubt is also here, will I be able to update to P4 or even to P5 by skipping P4.
And the relevant question, will be that with the update the carplay would be active, or is there another method to activate without updating the FW.

I apologize for being another one to bother you with this matter.

King Regards,

In regards to preparing and installing M.I.B follow this:
Du musst dich Anmelden oder Registrieren um diesen link zusehen!

M.I.B has a patch for your version ready.

P4xxx and P5xxx have not train restriction, so you could install these updates.
Not sue if it makes sense ;)

Just stay on your P3xxx and patch. CP/AA will work the same on all of them.

Hello CaneTLOTW,

Thank you for your answer :)
I understand now the point. What I´m trying to understand is what do you mean with "Just stay on your P3xxx" That means I can update to P5xxx but after this it will remain in P3xxx?

Should make a backup before updating?
Again, thank you for your support, and sorry for my basic questions, I'm afraid of doing it wrong, so before I do I want to be sure what I'm doing.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
patch will be gone after update. Each FW needs a specific patch.

I meant, that you just stay with your current FW.

I have to unzip the MHI2_ER_AU37x_P5xxx in to the SD card and after that trough Red Menu update. Is that right ?

will try by the link you send me, thank you
Hello :) @CaneTLOTW
Yesterday I unzipped the files and put everything in the SD card as in the instructions and this morning when inserting the card and proceeding to the update, gave a error of license not valid in the file metainfo2.txt. I downloaded the source code from V3.2.0 Porshe Edition POG24 and patch collection.

Please always use latest M.I.B --> V3.3.1

"license not valid in the file metainfo2.txt" I do not understand what you mean.
Can you share a picture/screenshot of this massage?

How did you try to install M.I.B? You have to do it via the REM!

Are you sure, that you run the update via REM?
Just tested here, all fine.

Create SD card again, maybe file system or file is defect.

doing again, formatted the SD card, downloaded again the patch file and the latest version
When this will finish I will try again.

Downloaded archives will be OK. You would get an error during unpacking.

Most likely SD or files is corrupt. Get fresh SD.

Seit langer Zeit gibt es mal wieder eine mehr als überfällige Aktualisierung des ersten Beitrags.
Es hat sich doch was getan!

M.I.B ist jetzt auf github:

Den aktuellen Release gibt es also hier:

Somit sind dort auch alle aktuellen Informationen abgelegt.
Insbesondere zu nennen ist der Wiki:

Alle Fragen dazu aber natürlich weiterhin hier im Beitrag :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Können Kartenupdates nach erfolgreichem Patch direkt über das MMI heruntergeladen werden. Oder ist nur die Installation über eine SD-Karte möglich?

Zurück
Oben