Digital Eliteboard - Das Digitale Technik Forum

Registriere dich noch heute kostenloses um Mitglied zu werden! Sobald du angemeldet bist, kannst du auf unserer Seite aktiv teilnehmen, indem du deine eigenen Themen und Beiträge erstellst und dich über deinen eigenen Posteingang mit anderen Mitgliedern unterhalten kannst! Zudem bekommst du Zutritt zu Bereiche, welche für Gäste verwehrt bleiben

3rd Edition No GPS signal after standbye

Hello @Alfred_ML,

It was not my plan to move the skin, but rather the settings that I now had. (It was more for settings like, fmon because we have a TMC adapter).
In my old version 9.541 SE was this in root/config/setconfig.txt, but good i will try it as it is now :smile:.

Thanks for our help and good holidays

------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT 1:
Hello,

I have on 16h00 turned the GPS on he found 4 satelites (in blue) (clean start), 16h10 i have turned of the gps (power off and gps go automatic off).
Now 17h32 i turned the GPS on with autostart he found 1 satelite in gray, but he doesn't find any other satelites -> no location found (and we are now 17h50 and he found still nothing more as 1 satelite in gray.
17h52 -> I turned off the GPS with the reset button, he finds in 1 minute, 3 satelites (blue) and 2 satelites in gray. (he found his location)
Unfortunately, I have just the same problem as with all the other versions. And for the sake of clarity I have not changed anything.

Have a nice Christmas Eve and thank you in advance

EDIT 2 (25/12/2019 01h44):
I have installed a 9.510 SE (with autostart), without a WNRO fix.
And i have tried this 10 times since 20 hours, and now he finds GPS signal after standbye.
And he finds more satelites, and after stand bye everything works he finds good GPS signal (only the time).

Only the time go still to 00:00, but we wil fix that with the fix from @treysis and i will check after these installation of it still works.

Thanks and good christmas

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hello,

When he comes out standby then he searches (with the satellite data from before the restart) + - 2 minutes to satellites, this fails if he resets the entire compass (in GPS status), last night I discovered this (just leaving him on the gps status page), he suddenly 'emptied' the compass and completely resumed his search for satellites and then he worked fine.
So I started it from standby, it showed satelites in gray in the compass, but it didn't seem to find its location. After + - 2 minutes of standby he started to reset his compass and searched everything completely again and every time he does this he works fine.

However, sometimes he does not reset the compass (after standby) and he finds his satellites anyway, unfortunately when this is the case he only finds 2 satellites and the location is not accurate *. Can anything be made that always resets the compass and the GPS, that when the GPS starts up from standby it always first resets that compas (so that it has to completely search for satellites any time).
* with inaccurate position I mean, we are in the neighborhood but its location is exemplified in the field instead of on the street

The strange thing is that if the compass is not reset, it cannot find any other satellites. He seems to be spinning him exactly on the satellites from before the standby and not how they are in the current situation.
When he resets the compass, he finds after 2 minutes GPS signal (mostly he finds 4 satelites in this time) and a few minutes later he finds more satelites (8 or 9 satelites and then his location is verry accurate).

In my text I say he actually resets the compass, he actually resets everything on the GPS status page, including the satellites below.
I search for a tool that resets after every standby the whole gps status page.

Happy christmas and best regards.

Du musst dich Anmelden oder Registrieren um den Inhalt der Angebote zu sehen!

Unfortunately no. As mentioned before, i think that your GPS-Receiver is is no longer the best because of his age. I have three TomTom ONE XL devices with the same GL1-Chip myself, but i don't have these problems (these devices were used very rarely).

Maybe the best way is you wait and see what @Alfred_ML has to say. He has the same machine (One 3rd Edition) as you. Maybe he has a better idea or solution for this problem.

Best regards
Lecter

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hello,
Do you use a navcore with autostart? If I use the navcore without autostart, then everything works fine. (But yes I would like to have autostart)

But yes, if it were up to the GPS receiver itself, then I have a hard time understanding why he can find 9 or 10 satellites with a fresh restart? This evening I used it and it eventually had 10 satellites, but you dare to let it go into standby ... It's better in the meantime, but sometimes it's still the same problem.

I just tested it again, he kept searching for GPS signal for 5 minutes, then he gave up and reset the compass, he found in no-time GPS signal. For me it seems to be really here (because after that reset) he suddenly finds GPS signal (and very fast too). The only problem is sometimes he don't do this and then is it driving in the fields....

A time later i test it:
After standbye he starts up and i go to GPS signal what i see is there are in the compas a few satelites in 'gray' but he finds now 1 sattelite (in gray) and he gives as text 'Bad GPS signal', on this moment he doesn't reset the satelite/compas. Then i wait 10 minutes but he doesn't find anything because 1 satelite in gray. I reset the TomTom and i start it instantly and i go to GPS signal and i found in less than 1 minute 6 satelites (blue).

To me it seems that this is because a TomTom one 3rd edition was normally 'not' equipped with standby/autostart and that this was a problem, which for most was not a problem because they did not use standby/autostart .

Can nothing really be programmed to reset this compass? It actually seems possible to me (I don't say simple), s

A while ago I spoke to someone who had the same problem as me, but unfortunately I can't find it. He finally gave up and switched to a non-autostart navcore. I think there will still be people, but not so many because most people simply take a navcore without autostart.

thanks in advance

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I've tested the Auto-On-9.510 on my ONE3rd (I had never used it before).
You're right, if you start the ONE3rd through connecting with the car power supply, you get no satellites. In this case you neeed a filled folder "ephem" with current Sat-Fix-files (lto.dat). Connect your ONE 3rd with TT-Home and lets make the satfix. Your ONE3rd will start with no satellites, but in a vew seconds he has 4-5 of them in blue.

Edit: Für alle Interessierten: Der ONE mit GL1 scheint sich bei Nutzung des Autostarts tatsächlich wie ein Go x10/20/30/7000 mit alter GPS-Chip-Firmware GSW3.2.4 zu verhalten, also Satelliten nur nach Kaltstart oder mit aktuellem ephem-Ordner. Ob es da auch eine Möglickeit gibt, eine aktuellere GPS-Chip-Firmware zu flashen - k.A.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ich habe das selbe Problemwie von @JonasRetro beschrieben.
Ich hatte schon aufgegeben weil ich mich nur im Kreis gedreht habe.
Nun lese ich das hier und bin wieder verwirrt weil der englische Text einen "Sat-Fix" anspricht, im deutschen Text wir eine Lösung aber angezweifelt. Einziger Hinweis ist nur der "aktuelle ephem-Ordner" mit dem ev. der Sat-Fix gemeint ist. Da ich diesen auch bereits angewendet hätte muß ich fragen obs da verschiedene Versionen (bzw. mehr oder weniger aktuelle) gab? Wenn da jemand noch den Durchblick hat bitte um Info oder Link zu einem aktuellen SAT-Fix. Ich hab mich in den vielen Lösungsansätzen völlig verlaufen.

Für die normale 9.510 ohne Autostart müssen in der Tat keine Sat-Fix-Dateien im Ordner "ephem" sein, der ONE findet auch ohne diese die Satelliten innerhalb kürzester Zeit.
Aktuell soll für die Autostart-NC heißen: Nicht älter als 8-10 Tage, da danach die gespeicherten Satellitenpositionen auf grund ihrer permanenten Drift nicht mehr brauchbar sind, um den TT bei der Satellitenfindung zu unterstützen.
Den aktuellen Sat-Fix für deinen TomTom bekommst du über TT-Home und müsstest ihn immer nach spätestens ca. 10 Tagen erneuern. Warum sich der ONE mit GL1-Chip beim Autostart so verhält, kann ich dir aber auch nicht sagen.
Nur, dass er mit aktuellem Sat-Fix im Autostart ohne Satelliten und Positionsanzeige startet (das ist wohl der von @JonasRetro beschriebene Kompass-Reset) und innerhalb von max. 3 Sekunden dann die Satelliten hat.

Edit: Über die Aktualität deiner Sat-Fix-Daten in der lto.dat gibt die Datei "ee_meta.txt" Aufschluß. Den hinter "Expiry=" stehenden Unix-Zeitwert für das Ablaufdatum kannst du z.B. auf dieser Seite in eine "verständlichere" Form bringen lassen:
Du musst dich Anmelden oder Registrieren um diesen link zusehen!

Ein Sat-Fix mit "Expiry=1577809737" würde also am Tue, 31 Dec 2019 16:28:57 GMT ablaufen.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hello,
I am already pleased to hear that I am not the only one with this problem.
A while ago I also spoke to someone with the same problem, but he gave up, and meanwhile I can't find him again.
I have indeed not tested yet with the ephem folder filled with satellite postitions (quickfixgps). (Never used because the TomTom found its satellites soon enough without this folder filled.) But I will now test it.

Hopefully in the future there will be a fix that we don't have to keep using this Quickfix gps tool.
We will see :smile:

Thank you all in advance
Happy Holidays
EDIT 1:
I just tested it again with Quickfixgps updated (ephem folder). He found at startup a little bit faster than usual GPS signal (but it really wasn't much faster), but after standby I still had the same problem. He doesn't find GPS signal (he gave 2 satelites in gray) + - 5 minutes later he still found GPS signal, 3 satellites and unfortunately his GPS signal was not really accurate because I was driving through the fields. Unfortunately, Quickfix GPS did not help me. I did, however, test it once, but I will test it a few more times and then I will let you know.

My provisional conclusion remains as long as the compas/satellites are not reset, he does not really think 'decent' GPS signal.

Thank you all in advance
Happy Holidays

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@JonasRetro
Dann vielleicht lieber doch auf die "Autostart Version" verzichten ? Für irgendetwas mußt Du Dich jetzt leider entscheiden, wenn das QuickFix Update über TTHome (lto.dat) "nicht wirklich" was bringt.

Alfred, das ist doch wieder das gleiche "Broadcom Gerümpel" (vormals "Global Locate") wie bei unserem Note II. Die Übernahme von Global Locate durch Broadcom erfolgte Mitte 2007. Und von Broadcom kommt da nichts mehr für die alten Gurken ;-(

Viele Grüße
Lecter

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hey,
I will first try it a bit (I have hardly tested it once).
But if you use the standby 'very short', for example 10 minutes. Then he (with me) usually still finds his satellites good. But we will see where we end up.

But I still keep some hope that there will be a fix.
We will see.

With best regards

-----------------------------------------
TRANSLATED: GOOGLE TRANSLATE -> Kann Fehler enthalten (ich spreche kein Deutsch)

Hallo,
Ich werde es zuerst ein bisschen ausprobieren (ich habe es kaum ein einziges Mal getestet).
Aber wenn Sie den Standby-Modus "sehr kurz" verwenden, zum Beispiel 10 Minuten. Dann findet er (bei mir) seine Satelliten meist noch gut. Aber wir werden sehen, wo wir landen.

Aber ich hoffe immer noch, dass es eine Lösung gibt.
Wir werden sehen.

Mit besten Empfehlungen

Desswegen bin ich ja auch mehr als froh, dass ich den ONE3rd mit der "normalen" 32er NC 9.510 mit Treysis-Fix ohne irgendwelche Einschränkungen so wie vor dem WNRO nutzen kann.
Die Auto-ON-Version(en) hatte ich lange vor dem WNRO mal getestet und sie für mein Nutzungsprofil mit doch längeren Unterbrechungen (ich benutze manchmal wochenlang weder im Auto noch auf dem Mopped einen TT) wegen der noch höheren Akkubelastung verworfen. Daher war mir das Verhalten des ONE mit GL1 und Autostart-NC nach dem WNRO wirklich neu.
So wie das mit Global Locate alias Broadcom ausschaut, bleibt für die ONE mit GL1 wohl wirklich nur der Verzicht auf Auto-ON. Es gäbe schlechtere Kompromisse...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Dear people,
I have the same problem as described, I would also like to solve it. My TomTom One (v6) with GL 1 is stuck in my car, the on/off button is very difficult to reach with me, I have always had automatic starting, now problems since april 2019. if I replace the system, the dashboard must be broken.

Hopefully someone will solve this.
I even have some money for it, because now I am without navigation.

Let us pray that this ever will be solved.

sorry for my bad english, i'm not so english but spanish

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Oben