Digital Eliteboard - Das Digitale Technik Forum

Registriere dich noch heute kostenloses um Mitglied zu werden! Sobald du angemeldet bist, kannst du auf unserer Seite aktiv teilnehmen, indem du deine eigenen Themen und Beiträge erstellst und dich über deinen eigenen Posteingang mit anderen Mitgliedern unterhalten kannst! Zudem bekommst du Zutritt zu Bereiche, welche für Gäste verwehrt bleiben

Internal 3.5"HD installation + formatting

reglord

Ist gelegentlich hier
Any1 know how to complete the format ??
---------

Today i installed a brand new 80GB seagate.

Before installation i initialized the HD in Windows, created a partition without formatting it (XP cant format >32Gb Fat32)

So i used a little cmd based application.

Installed the HD into the AzBox, selected the HD under storage, and removed the partition as discriped in the manuel !!

Formatted the HD again with the AzBox.
Formatting start (Please wait > oranges circles are spinning)
Then the orange circles stops after ~1 minute !! and the box is dead no reaction from the R.controle.
Pressing the power button 5 secs, and the box reboots
After rebooting > no HD reconized in the Storage settings.

Only after the powering off the AzBox, and rebooting there is a HD reconized again + linux partition.

Using the record function doesnt work, because the "device is not recordable"
Because the format was never completed !! ( i assume )

Any1 know how to complete the format ??

Forgot to mention, that on the display of the AzBox i see formatting 6% but thats about it :(

thx

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
AW: Internal 3.5"HD installation + formatting

Hi reglord

My English is very bad , I try to Explain it in German . I hope you understand it .

Mit Azbox formatieren ist nicht empfohlen , dann hast du immer ärger .

------ Bitte nur wenn du mit PC und solche Programme Ahnung hast ------ dann :

nehme dir ein Linux Programm wie Gparted Live cd , oder mit Ubuntu .und formatiere die Festplatte mit Ext3 .

MFG ...

I have the same problems with a 16GB USB Stick, the AZBOX doesn't format it or/and shut down. So I advise you to format the HDD with a Linux file system, ext3 for example, completely in windows. There are several tools available, I'm using Paragon Partition Manager 9 Professional.

Edit: Or you use a Linux Live CD (Ubuntu, Knoppix, GParted) as art101 wrote it and format it that way

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

dank dir beide, mein deutch is leider (Noch) nicht optimal..

I hope AzBox will optimize this format thing in the near future.

I will do what you suggested and format the HD with Ext3 from within windows

Zurück
Oben