Digital Eliteboard - Das Digitale Technik Forum

Registriere dich noch heute kostenloses um Mitglied zu werden! Sobald du angemeldet bist, kannst du auf unserer Seite aktiv teilnehmen, indem du deine eigenen Themen und Beiträge erstellst und dich über deinen eigenen Posteingang mit anderen Mitgliedern unterhalten kannst! Zudem bekommst du Zutritt zu Bereiche, welche für Gäste verwehrt bleiben

Info [How-To]: Changing USB-to-Ethernet adapter VID/PID to match D-LINK DUB-E100

hani_t

Sorry for the English post, but I wanted to post this here for everyone's benefit. Feel free to edit the post and translate it to Deutsch if you want.

Per
Du musst dich Anmelden oder Registrieren um diesen link zusehen!
compatible USB adapters are:
Du musst dich Anmelden oder Registrieren um den Inhalt der Angebote zu sehen!

D-LINK DUB-E100 has an ASIX chipset AX88772A

I have a U-GREEN USB to Ethernet with ASIX AX88772 from
. This USB will not work with MIB2, but you can make it work!

Requirements: Linux VM (I'm using Ubuntu)

1- After plugging in U-GREEN USB, we find the following connected:

Du musst dich Anmelden oder Registrieren um diesen Inhalt sichtbar zu machen!
VID / PID: 0xb95, 0x7720

2- We can try changing this to D-LINK VID / PID, using the command "ethtool"

This adapter supports "eeprom" access.

3- Use "ethtool" to dump "eeprom"

We can see the VID / PID in little-endian format at addresses: 0x0048 - 0x004B, and 0x0088 - 0x008B

4- Use "ethtool" to overwrite those bytes with the VID / PID of D-LINK: 0x2001, 0x3c05
In little-endian format: 01 20 05 3c
We issue 8 commands:

5- Use "ethtool" to verify eeprom update success

6- Disconnect USB and re-connect:

Now it is identified as D-LINK

7- Works in the car :)

I hope this helps people who cannot find the D-LINK adapter and have another ASIX-chipset adapter on hand.

Anhänge

• Screenshot 2021-01-10 152140.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-10 152140.png
    109,2 KB · Aufrufe: 438
Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
NIce discovery :)
How do you find the device name "enx000ec6620e47", i have similar device - ID 0b95: 7720 ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88772, but on ethtool -i results "Cannot get driver information: No such device"

update: Never mind, your network interface was renamed from default - eth0 or eth1.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thanks for the post. I actually tried this myself today before finding your post, I had the same idea. Unfortunately the cheap adapter I bought broke before I got it working, I had the eeprom updated and working on computer, bit then it just stopped recognizing that any Ethernet cable was connected at all, even a known good cable to my router. The adapter was cheap and broke.

However, I also also found that new(er?) firmware (1367 in particular) support a couple of generic usb3 ASIX USB Ethernet's out of the box, I've found that AX88179 adapters work perfectly: Info - Konsole mit ASIX USB Ethernet

In my TT I couldn't get the ASIX USB to work without the VID/PID update. MU 1389 on AU43x train.

When you update the VID/PID you need to be careful with the Endiness. Also, some eeproms have a checksum that would need to be updated as well.

I haven't done this process with any other USB, so be careful when trying it out.

Erster Beitrag im Forum, wollte aber nur bestätigen, dass dies FLAWLESSLY funktioniert!

Verzeihen Sie mir auch, wenn mein Deutsch ausgeschaltet ist, da ich einen Übersetzer benutze.

Seltsamerweise habe ich angenommen, dass dies möglich ist, und ich habe nach dem Chipsatz für den DLINK E100 gesucht und festgestellt, dass es sich um einen guten Weg handelt, ASIX AX88772

Von da an ging ich einfach weiter. Amazon durchsuchte die USB-zu-Ethernet-Adapter und stellte sicher, dass es sich um denselben Chipsatz handelte. Einer war ASIX AX88772, der andere war ASIX AX88772B. Ich kaufte beide, da sie beide mit einer Lieferzeit von 1 Tag billig waren. Mit der OP-Methode funktionierte es ohne Probleme. Ich konnte in die MIB telneten und meine Firware usw. herunterladen. Nun zum Patchen, wünsche mir GLÜCK!

Entschuldigen Sie mein Deutsch. Es wird von Google Übersetzer übersetzt.
Ist der D-Link DUB-E100 REV E1 Adapter mit einer Delphi MHS2_ER_AU_P2035 MIB kompatibel?

Du musst dich Anmelden oder Registrieren um den Inhalt der Angebote zu sehen!
Perhaps on Kali the length argument is needed, try adding `length 0x01` between the offset and value args, eg. `offset 0x0088 length 0x01 value 0x01`.

If that still doesn't work, perhaps the manufacturer of your adapter cheaped-out and didn't install a eeprom. If you you'll need to try buying another adapter, either gamble a similar one, or if you want to use this on a Mib2 high device just get a AX88179 one that doesn't need modifying

made it to change the PID and VID now the adapter is recognized like D-link DUB-E100 rev. B1 :) Used this nice tool
, extracted the ROM than edited with HxD hex editor then restored back to the device. I haven't tested it yet but i think it will work . This is the adapter from china:

UPDATE: unfortunately i can get telnet connection on Delphi MST2_EU_VW_P0639D, enabled lan in green menu, configured the network on laptop 192.168.1.10 with port 23 and 123 in Putty and i have time out error. Usb adapter started to flash after enebled lan in green menu but no connection. Probably i must buy D-link E-100 adapter.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
id you try both pid 1a02 and 3c05?

No just 3c05, i will try 2001:1a02 and will report.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Oben