Digital Eliteboard - Das Digitale Technik Forum

Registriere dich noch heute kostenloses um Mitglied zu werden! Sobald du angemeldet bist, kannst du auf unserer Seite aktiv teilnehmen, indem du deine eigenen Themen und Beiträge erstellst und dich über deinen eigenen Posteingang mit anderen Mitgliedern unterhalten kannst! Zudem bekommst du Zutritt zu Bereiche, welche für Gäste verwehrt bleiben

Angebot Software Navigon 70 Upgrade to 72 plus?

AW: Navigon 70 Upgrade to 72 plus?

Hi again,

The device is running its original soft: 7.6.3. b1196.
Because in a hurry, I just used the old machine (with XP SP3) to put on it the 2013Q2 maps. Connected and discovered flawlessly.

1. Unfortunately I did not had the time to try the advice from the link. The owner came and pick up the device for few days. But I am VERY GRATEFUL for this advice, and I will try it for sure when available, and report back !
And the device shall be back for sure, because there are few pending questions on it (see at the end).

2. What I did in addition, but with no luck was:
-Hard reset the device without card;
-Format the card in "4096 bytes" on PC;
-Soft Reset the device with card inserted;
-Recopy all the stuff both on Internal Memory and Card;

3. What happened in addition was that when I create NAVIGON folder on the card's root and put it in the device, after restart, the folder is gone !! But no other folder at the root is affected. Only this one !
Thus I was forced to create the MyPOIs folder in the Internal memory, but not on MicroSD. Also, due to lack of space in the Internal Memory with EU 2013Q2, I deleted the GTA models and I intended to put them in the same hierarchy, but on MicroSD. Now- it is not possible...
:(
Can this be a sign of something ?

4. At the end, the pending questions for this device when come back:

1. Which is the latest version of MN7 which will run on it ? Any noticeable benefits ? And just Copy/Paste it ?
2. Is it possible to install a Garmin (XT?) version on this device, in order to use few specific maps ?
3. Is it possible to install TomTom 7 on this device in order to use specific POIs and their categorization capabilities ?
4. Is it enough just to copy in the NAVIGON/MAP folder the Truck Attributes.nfs file, in order to make this (or latest) MN7 version, truck - able ?

Will appreciate your reply, indeed !
:)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Du musst dich Anmelden oder Registrieren um den Inhalt der Angebote zu sehen!
So if your device is now discovered by a WIN XP machine, then update your device by
Du musst dich Anmelden oder Registrieren um diesen link zusehen!
. I am not sure but I think it is MN7.6.11 the newest version.
If u register your device you can also restall the device by Navigon Fresh. But therefor you must register it with an email-adress or login with the registred email-adress from that device.

sorry never heard that before...maybe your SD is broken?

As i have written first I think it is MN7.6.11. But try to find out by update via Navigon FRESH
You need to install a startup menue. So it is possible to startup e.x. MN7 OR MN8 OR IGO8. I do not try TT or Gramin but it also should work. You will find a thread for startup menue 70PR here:
https://www.digital-eliteboard.com/...lles-l%E4uft&p=1077784&viewfull=1#post1077784
https://www.digital-eliteboard.com/...ildbetrachter)&p=860378&viewfull=1#post860378

NO, you must also put the right key into the device.xml

By the way. If you try MN8 there ist no possibilty to use Truck or MyPois function on MN8 Versions. Only with MN7 versions.

If you try startup menue you can also use MN7 and MN8 Version booth on one device. MN8 92PR official Upgrade here:
https://www.digital-eliteboard.com/...en-hier-rein&p=1306608&viewfull=1#post1306608

70PR Upgrade to 92PR MN8 an original MN7 with startup Menue and tutorial how it works:
https://www.digital-eliteboard.com/...en-hier-rein&p=1313518&viewfull=1#post1313518

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

BRILLIANT reply , mustique !!!
HATS OFF !
:)

Sooner or later I will report to all points discussed. Be sure.
Now, just very brief clarifications, in order of your replies.

1.Discovery and Update.
Unfortunately, the device cannot be re-registered, nor I can have its initial email. When back , the owner will give me details, but just descriptive ones.
So, the option for update is: Copy/Paste or Flash (correct?). Following your advice, I should look here for: MN7.6.11.
2. Automatic Folder Deletion.
I made the following: Creata a NAVIGON folder on SDCard while on PC. Put there MyPOIs and MAP folders. Remove the SDCard from PC and insert it in device. Start the device with the SPIRIT menu (by halver from here) residing on the SDCard. Open with Explorer the SDCard on the device. the NAVIGON folder is deleted !
3. Start Menus.
Will take a closer look for other alternative to SPIRIT by halver. As for now, it is the only one for thicker fingers, as the owner's ones. :)
Obviously will need one for Garmin and TomTom. But as brief look here in the forum I did not succeed to found a report for successful installations of these two on this device (which is WinCE6.0). Am I wrong ?
4. Truck-able.
Great !
I will do it exactly as you advise. And NO, I will not update MN7 to MN8, because of these two lacks: MyPOIs and Truck capability. As Alternative I should put an MN8 installation on SDCard. But the problem with the NAVIGON folder automatic deletion stopped these intentions, as for now.
:(

THANK YOU again for time and efforts.
Will report back again !
Best regards
A

PS. How can I make a full backup first, including the registry of the device, before starting any manipulations ? Maybe it is called an image ?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Hello AlexPPC

You need to make just a backup of the software! Secure the navigation software on your PC.
You can not completely secure registration because some components of the system in use.

I don't understand why the NAVIGON folder is repeatedly deleted.
Please activate the write-protect of SD card, after you copied everything on the SD card has.
Format the SD card with Panasonic SD Formater

Du musst dich Anmelden oder Registrieren um diesen Inhalt sichtbar zu machen!

Alternative is to buy a new SD card

Zurück
Oben