Digital Eliteboard - Das Digitale Technik Forum

Registriere dich noch heute kostenloses um Mitglied zu werden! Sobald du angemeldet bist, kannst du auf unserer Seite aktiv teilnehmen, indem du deine eigenen Themen und Beiträge erstellst und dich über deinen eigenen Posteingang mit anderen Mitgliedern unterhalten kannst! Zudem bekommst du Zutritt zu Bereiche, welche für Gäste verwehrt bleiben

Is the pi zero w powerful enough for an oscam server?

Makandal

Hacker
Hello everyone,
I like to run my oscam server on a pi zero w with 2 local cards.

Would it be able to handle small group of piers like 7 to 10 piers max?

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Hello,

Yes, the Raspberry Pi Zero W can handle an OSCam server with a small group of peers like the one you mentioned.

The Raspberry Pi Zero W, despite its small size and cost, is quite capable. It features a 1GHz single-core CPU, 512MB RAM, mini HDMI and USB On-The-Go ports, and a 40-pin header. The "W" in its name denotes WiFi connectivity, which is an added advantage. Its processing power is more than sufficient for running an OSCam server for 7 to 10 peers, assuming ideal network conditions.

The most important aspect for running an OSCam server on the Pi Zero W is your network. Oscam itself is fairly light on resources, but it needs a stable and reasonably fast network to perform well. The built-in WiFi of Pi Zero W should be able to handle the load if you have a good WiFi connection.

However, do keep in mind that while the Pi Zero W is capable of running an OSCam server, it's not the most powerful Raspberry Pi model. If you plan to scale up your server in the future (more cards, more peers), you might need to consider a more powerful model, like the Raspberry Pi 3 or 4.

Lastly, don't forget to use a good quality SD card for your Pi as it will be constantly reading/writing data. A Class 10 card is recommended for its fast read/write speeds.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any more questions.

no issue on power site. but you shouldn't run oscam server over wifi

Thanks!
That's exactly what I thought so I'll use a usb hub with Ethernet connectivity.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Zurück
Oben