Digital Eliteboard - Das Digitale Technik Forum

Registriere dich noch heute kostenloses um Mitglied zu werden! Sobald du angemeldet bist, kannst du auf unserer Seite aktiv teilnehmen, indem du deine eigenen Themen und Beiträge erstellst und dich über deinen eigenen Posteingang mit anderen Mitgliedern unterhalten kannst! Zudem bekommst du Zutritt zu Bereiche, welche für Gäste verwehrt bleiben

Tools/Anleitungen Solution: How to install updates for Petka without needing to upgrade past 8.3

I use Petka 8.3. As of this morning, I am at Audi update level 1539 and US price update 202. As many of you know, Petka 8.3 is supposed to max out at update 1469.

Thanks to user bunak on another forum who sent me in the right direction. I had to modify a few things because ETKA looks to be working a bit different than Petka. Below is the process I used for Petka 8.3. Please use at your own risk but it worked flawlessly for me (after I spent a day resolving update failure issue--see below).

You will need Petka 8.1 or 8.3 installed, and only need 1 file to make this work, and some patience. The file you will need is Etka7.exe updated to Petka version 8.6. The file is attached to this post

Procedure that worked for me on Petka 8.3

1. Download all updates as you normally would
2. Exit Petka
3. Restart Petka. It will ask if you want to update. DO NOT PRESS EITHER YES OR NO. Leave Petka running as is, and do not press any other buttons until step 7
4. Go to the directory where Etka7.exe is located. For me, it was "C:\Program Files (x86)\Digital-Eliteboard\PETKA\Program\8.3\PROG1\"
5. Rename Etka7.exe into Etka7-old.exe. DO NOT DELETE THE FILE. This is your 8.3 executable, you will need it in step 11
6. Place Petka 8.6 Etka7.exe file in the same directory. It HAS to be named Etka7.exe
7. Go to your Petka window, where you should still have the update dialog open. Press "Yes"
8. Let the updates be installed. It will take time, be patient. I strongly recommend doing it all in one shot because if you do not (say, you only have time to do 1470-1490 you will have to take extra steps to make sure 1491 does not fail because it will by default
9. You will not get any warnings to upgrade to 8.5 or 8.6. Just sit there and click ahead on each update. It took good 2-3 hours to go from 1469 to 1539
10. Once everything is done, you should see a notice of successful update. Close Petka
11. Go to the directory in step 4 and rename Etka7.exe into Etka7-8.6.exe (or whatever). Rename Etka7-old.exe into Etka7.exe. DO NOT FORGET THIS STEP. YOUR PETKA WILL NOT RUN WITHOUT IT
12. Start Petka 8.3 and enjoy level 1539!
13. Bonus: I was also able to update prices to the latest level for United States, which has not worked before

How to resolve failure to update (at least it worked for me)

Note: the last part of the original post if for the situation when your update starts normally, goes all the way through, and fails in the end. It is NOT to address Petka version being too old. It's a solution to some sort of database error issue, likely caused by messing with the "official" update process.

1. Start the update which is failing. Let it run
2. Do to the folder where Petka has its Data1 and Data2 folders. See which one has $Upd$ suffix while the problem update is running. It has to be running or the suffix will not appear
3. Once the update finishes (and fails), rename the folder that had $Upd$ suffix by adding "...-old" to the name. For instance, if Data1 was showing with the $Upd$ suffix, change it to Data1-old, but do it AFTER the update attempt stopped running
4. Try the update again--it should work this time. It will also create a new Data1 folder (or Data2, depending on the update)
5. Verify that your Petka is runnign fine after the update (see the first part of this post). If not, Delete the newly created Data1 folder and try again. This has not yet failed for me, however
6. Delete the now-unnecessary "...-old" folder

Hope it helps someone.
Attaching the Etka 8.6 executable again, hope it works thsi time
OK, looks like my .rar attachment is being blocked. would appreciate help in solving this if this is allowed on this forum--just trying to help...

Anhänge

• Screenshot-update-8.3-to-1539.JPG
    Screenshot-update-8.3-to-1539.JPG
    168,3 KB · Aufrufe: 53
Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Hi

I'm going to give this a go.
any chance i can have the file too pls?

the link above is not really working for me

EDIT: NVM: After 30-50 tries i've managed to get the file and it is updating now, tyvm.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thanks, I have tried this yesterday and was able to update from 1509 to 1549. Even year 2025 is visible now. Great.

Zurück
Oben