Digital Eliteboard - Das Digitale Technik Forum

Registriere dich noch heute kostenloses um Mitglied zu werden! Sobald du angemeldet bist, kannst du auf unserer Seite aktiv teilnehmen, indem du deine eigenen Themen und Beiträge erstellst und dich über deinen eigenen Posteingang mit anderen Mitgliedern unterhalten kannst! Zudem bekommst du Zutritt zu Bereiche, welche für Gäste verwehrt bleiben

Windows doesn't recognize external hard disk clone anymore

arrowtopy

Is it OK if I post this message in English? Thanks.

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I've been using satellite receivers for over 20 years but only since recently I bought a Dreambox clone and been using linux based receivers. And now I have an issue w/ my clone.
I plugged in a Western Digital 2 TerraByte My Passport external hard drive to my Dreambox DM 800 HD PVR (clone) and initialized/formatted it in my clone's menu and I could use the timer in my Dreambox DM 800 to make recordings. But my Dreambox crashed and I wanted to plug the WD My Passport back in to my Windows 10 PC but when I do that Windows doesn't show the Dreambox in My Computer. It used to recognized it before I initialized/formatted it within the Dreambox though. Why not now?
I guess Dreambox formatted the WD My Passport to a file system that Windows doesn't recognize. Which file system is that? What can I do to have Windows recognize the WD hd again?
I'm running Windows 10 Pro w/ the latest updates and try to connect the WD My Passport via a USB 3.0 cable (but also via USB 2.0 it didn't recognize it).
Since my Dreambox crashed and doesn't work anymore I want to use the WD My Passport hd on my PC again as a backup for my files.
Any suggestions?

you can use "DiskInternals Linux Reader" (
Du musst dich Anmelden oder Registrieren um diesen link zusehen!
) on your windows to get read-access to your linux-filesystems

Yes, the HDD was not recognized in Windows' normal file explorer but it was recognized in My Computer->Manage->Disk manager.

I first downloaded DiskInternals Linux Reader for Windows and w/ that I could see the HDD and my recorded files (movies. It saves them as .ts files and 5 other file formats (which all are small files) for each movie). I copied them to another HDD. But the HDD itself was still not visible in normal file explorer.
Then I went to My Computer->Manage->Disk manager and deleted the partition and created a new NTFS partition. And now the HDD shows up in file explorer.

Thank you all, muchos gracias!

Zurück
Oben