Digital Eliteboard - Das Digitale Technik Forum

Registriere dich noch heute kostenloses um Mitglied zu werden! Sobald du angemeldet bist, kannst du auf unserer Seite aktiv teilnehmen, indem du deine eigenen Themen und Beiträge erstellst und dich über deinen eigenen Posteingang mit anderen Mitgliedern unterhalten kannst! Zudem bekommst du Zutritt zu Bereiche, welche für Gäste verwehrt bleiben

Tipps & Tricks Solution: how to set readiness for OBDII emissions with VCDS or ODIS in 30 minutes

This used to frustrate me: you do something with the car, clear the codes--and then all OBDII emission monitors reset to "fail". Same for battery disconnect, or anything else that clears the codes. Then, it would take days for readiness to come back. If you need to pass emissions (including if you want to flash the ECU from whichever tune you have back to stock to pass emissions, and then go back), you have to wait for days. Well, turns out there is a solution. Few, actually.

1. VCDS--If it has a script for your ECU. Connect your VCDS, access engine module (address 1), press readiness (function 15). If you are lucky, on the bottom left there will be a button saying "Set readiness". Press it and follow instructions

2. VCDS--If it does NOT have a script for your ECU. This was the case for me. The button was there but grayed out. Not to worry. Make sure the car is fully warmed up (coolant temp >80C or 180F). Make sure AC is off--in fact, turn off climate control unit if you can. If you miss this step, the process will fail. Then, go VCDS->Engine (address 1)->Basic Setting->search for " IDE00553 Automatic test sequence" or for "B200 Readiness Code", depending on your ECU. The wording may differ, but it will be something along those lines. Select it, and press "Go". All you have to do then is press brake pedal, press accelerator all the way in, and wait. It can take 5 minutes or more. Once the process is completed, check readiness (function 15) in ECU

NOTE: in my case, after I completed the steps in 2), I still had O2 sensors and Cat converter nor ready. You may have it too, or some other area may not be ready. Then, go back to the basic setting list and look for a test that mentions your problem area. In my case, there were two tests, Cat test bank 1 and Cat test bank 2. I ran both--and boom, all 8 bits are set to 0 and OBDII system is ready for emissions! All in all, took less than 30 minutes, even if you include driving the car to warm it up.

3. ODIS. Use self-diagnosis, NOT diagnostic. Then, do the same thing as in 2): engine control module->Basic setting->run the tests

Hope someone will find it helpful.

Zurück
Oben