Digital Eliteboard - Das Digitale Technik Forum

Registriere dich noch heute kostenloses um Mitglied zu werden! Sobald du angemeldet bist, kannst du auf unserer Seite aktiv teilnehmen, indem du deine eigenen Themen und Beiträge erstellst und dich über deinen eigenen Posteingang mit anderen Mitgliedern unterhalten kannst! Zudem bekommst du Zutritt zu Bereiche, welche für Gäste verwehrt bleiben

How to set up iGO Primo 2.0 on the device emulator

pdf064

Alright, here's a huge post with everything you could possibly want to know about the emulator. I have it running on Windows CE 5.0 and Windows Mobile (6.1 and 6.1.4). For the purposes of this post I am using Windows CE.

Introduction:

Du musst dich Anmelden oder Registrieren um diesen Inhalt sichtbar zu machen!
Here's what you need:

General usage:

Basic setup:

Enabling network connectivity for the emulator:

About GPS and FM-TMC emulation:

About GPS and TMC log files:

Prerequisites for GPS and FM-TMC emulation:

Setting up GPS emulation:

Setting up FM-TMC emulation:

Enabling Bluetooth connectivity for the emulator:

It's a good idea to keep a backup of the "Instances" folder in the GpsGate directory on the device and keep a save state of the emulator when it's all set up, so you only have to do all of this on the initial setup.

AW: How to set up iGO Primo 2.0 on the device emulator

Du musst dich Anmelden oder Registrieren um den Inhalt der Angebote zu sehen!

Well, could you tell me wich version of Primo 2.0 have you tested with Win CE emulator 5.0?
I always receive a "failed to open file msgbox_cover.bmp" error with mine (9.6.2.209584 or later).

Any suggestion?
Thanks!

@trashino: I am using 9.6.2.209584. I do not have the problem that you described above. However I had to reduce the files in <PrimoFolder>\CONTENT\SCHEME\ to only: Topo.zip, Minimal.zip, Easy-Day.zip and Easy-Night.zip

I face a different problem: Whenever I start Primo in emulator it has forgotten all settings that I had set before. I need to go through the installation wizard every time. I found that nearly all files in "save" folder have 0 bytes. I think this explains why it starts up "fresh" each time. But why?? and how to fix this?
The exactly same Primo runs perfectly fine on a real device.

Hi,

I did some tests and i can surely report here my experience. Using the emulator image you posted I've been having some trouble on starting igo primo (a real small configuration). Simply the nav hasn't started without any error messages.
So I decided to use the standard windows mobile 6 emu and image. In that case primo has started without any inconvenience.

The matter now is how to simulate a stable scenarious.
I installed GpsGate for windows mobile on the emu. It works fine, I mean, I can easily connect the internal GpsGate with host one (to WinGpsGate), send my nmea sentences using both simulator and player functions.

My primo is internally attacched to com2 (virtual as you said). But after 14 seconds the nav loses the satellite connection and starts automatically again (not from the beginning of my nmea position strings).

I've tried to use real nmea strings logged form my galaxy s2 device... having a log of about 15 minutes. Same story.
I've tried to use different speed setting on sys.txt instead of 4800, it seems it is useless because the nav starts with any speed setting and then after 14 secs died. So problably the speed does not affect the interal virtual com driver,that due to is not a hardware port.

So the main matter I have now is, how to set up that to avoid those lost of satellite "signals" after 14 secs.
I've tried also nmea string with the simulator section fo WinGpsGate generated by google earth via kml and then inserted to simulator list of.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thank you for your fantastic job.!!!

Bye.

I am trying to download the Windows CE 5.0 emulator image, but I get the message: "You don't have permission to access /files/2011/12/22/3242144/emulator.7z on this server." all the time. What is happening?

It is not possible to download the "
Du musst dich Anmelden oder Registrieren um diesen link zusehen!
" The link is broken.

Is it possible to download this image from another server?

I uploaded pdf064's original file here into the DL section: Link ist nicht mehr aktiv.

Zurück
Oben