Digital Eliteboard - Das Digitale Technik Forum

Registriere dich noch heute kostenloses um Mitglied zu werden! Sobald du angemeldet bist, kannst du auf unserer Seite aktiv teilnehmen, indem du deine eigenen Themen und Beiträge erstellst und dich über deinen eigenen Posteingang mit anderen Mitgliedern unterhalten kannst! Zudem bekommst du Zutritt zu Bereiche, welche für Gäste verwehrt bleiben

Bonjour from France

GROM30

Hi everyone / Hallo (sorry i don't speak German)

My name is Jerome, I am a French VW car enthusiast. I own a 97 golf mk3 and a 07 golf mk5 (and a Renault Megane).

I do all my maintenance and repairs on my cars (except for a few jobs that require special equipment like wheel alignment, A/C fill up and tire install & balance).

I used to service my previous/older car with just standard hand tools, but things changed over time:

• I used to spend lots of time at the VW dealer shop going through parts'catalog with the clerk so he could order all the parts I needed, especially the small ones. (guy was real nice and patient). That's when I discovered Etka (vw) (but also Dialogys for Renault)
  • With increasing personal skills came more technical jobs. Came the need for data base info and procedures. That’s when I discovered Elsa Win on which I’ve spent hours looking through procedures. Lots of learning knowledge came with it so I could improve the quality of my work.
  • With increasing electronic modules and pollution standard in newer cars, came the time to use code reader and diagnostic tools. That’s when I discovered VCDS and ODIS (for VW) and later on CANCLIP (for Renault). I was initially just reading error codes which helped pointing me in the right direct to fix some issues. Then came the time to dig more into it and start looking at car data and analyze them to further diagnose issues. Specially true with DPF filters and their specific sensors.
Anyway, that’s my story. I enjoy and take pride fixing my cars (and parent’s cars also) and to be honest the savings helps as well even if it’s not the main goal.

Time to also finally say thanks to :
- Forums admin for setting up a place where people can exchange. Forums and posts often helped me find leads on issues I was encountering.
- Developpers and computing enthousiasts for finding ways to make dealer's tools available to individuals like me.
- Members who participate in giving ideas and feedback on their own experience to help other memebers

Congratulation if you made it here ... i can be chatty :)
Y'all have a nice day !

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
That's very impressive! A very warm welcome and I hope you will enjoy our DEB Forum! Kind regards from Northern Germany.

Zurück
Oben