Digital Eliteboard - Das Digitale Technik Forum

Registriere dich noch heute kostenloses um Mitglied zu werden! Sobald du angemeldet bist, kannst du auf unserer Seite aktiv teilnehmen, indem du deine eigenen Themen und Beiträge erstellst und dich über deinen eigenen Posteingang mit anderen Mitgliedern unterhalten kannst! Zudem bekommst du Zutritt zu Bereiche, welche für Gäste verwehrt bleiben

Network PC Recording Problem – Gigablue 800SE

tibmikeo

Hi m8s,
I have a gb800 with a mounted PC hard disk folder to record movies from the box. I think all settings are OK, it’s mounted to use as a HDD replacement.
The problem is when i start a recording, the picture is instantly freezing and all i get is a constant black screen. (The files are created on PC drive, the file size is growing with the recording time as if it were OK but it contains only black screen.) Also hard to stop this recording and i have to reset the box to stop the process.
By the way, the opposite way (play the movies from the PC drive) is working absolutely OK.
Does anyone have any experience on this kind of network PC drive recordings?
Any help appreciated..
tibmikeo

(Entschuldigung, aber ich spreche kein Deutsch, so dass die folgende Text ist eine Google-Übersetzung).

Netzwerk PC Recording Problem - GiGaBlue 800SE

Hallo,
Ich habe eine gb800 mit einem montierten PC Ordner auf Festplatte, um Filme aus der Box aufnehmen. Ich denke, alle Einstellungen sind OK, es ist angebracht, um als HDD Ersatz verwenden.
Das Problem ist, wenn ich eine Aufnahme zu starten, ist das Bild sofort Einfrieren und alles was ich bekomme ist eine Konstante schwarzen Bildschirm. (Die Dateien werden erstellt auf dem PC-Laufwerk, die Dateigröße mit der Aufnahmezeit wächst, als ob es in Ordnung waren, aber es enthält nur ein schwarzer Bildschirm.) Auch schwer, diese Aufnahme zu stoppen, und ich habe die Box zurückgesetzt, um den Prozess zu stoppen.
Übrigens, ist der umgekehrte Weg (spielen die Filme aus dem PC-Laufwerk) arbeitet absolut OK.
Hat jemand irgendwelche Erfahrungen auf diese Art von Netzwerk-PC-Laufwerk Aufnahmen?
Jede Hilfe willkommen ..
tibmikeo

AW: Network PC Recording Problem – Gigablue 800SE

Hi tibmikeo and welcome to the DEB,

are you trying to watch another channel while recording, or the same one, you are recording right now? What about Timeshift? Is it working correctly?
What's the type and date of your Image and more important: of your driver? Is it up to date?

Hi McMighty!
Thanks for Your kind welcome and quick reply.
I'm just tried a simple recording on one channel. Timeshift is off (never tried, i've just installed the image 1 day ago).
The result is always the same. After selecting a single channel and starting a simple "Add recording (indefinitely)" the picture is freezing and all is happenning as i wrote in my post.

My "Information-About" menu is:
Hardware: Gigablue HD800SE
Image: Openmips 2.0
Kernel version: 3.1.1
GUI Build: 2012. 12. 17.
Last upgrade: 2012.12.19. 14.53.21
Frontprocessor version: 0
Detected NIMs: TunerA Giga DVB S2 Internal NIM (DVB S2)
Detected HDD: None

I'm afraid i don't know how to read the driver version.

Thanks for Your help in advance:
tibmikeo

Ok, up to date Image and the driver should also be up to date in that case.

I never tested a recording while i'm watching live at my Gigablue Solo. I just tested a timer over night or while i'm away from the STB. And this is working nice.

Let me check this situation at my Gigablue Solo, if i have the same reaction. At my Gigablue Quad, a recording works fine during watching TV, even if i switch the channel due to two SAT tuner inside the STB. But the Solo only has also just one tuner, so perhaps i can recreate your problem...

You're welcome.

But i have a few Questions first:

Does this problem just exist with encrypted Channels or also Free-to-Air?
On which kind of device do you record? USB stick? HDD? USB 3.0?

I found a nice report of a User who had also much problems with freezing or pixelized picture during recording AND watching the same channel.

His solution is quite simple: First of all, his USB Stick was too slow. He changed the device to an external HDD with USB 2.0 and own current supply. An USB HDD with USB 3.0 also causes trouble. So, check for a USB HDD with USB 2.0 and formatted/initalised by the Gigablue to ensure a compatible format.
This point helps a lot.

The second point is the softcam: the user first used Cccam which also can causes trouble. He changed to oscam and now, with this external HDD and oscam, the recording works perfectly.

I also read, that this problem isn't existing with OpenMips 1.0, but this is not a solution to go back to OM 1.0...

But nevertheless, i am going to check it on my Solo, because i also use CCcam and can only record to a NAS.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi again..
Just checked on a FTA channel. Seems thats the point. The recording was OK.
But it's not so good news, as we know almost all channels are encrypted. I'm using mbox for softcam.
I don't have external HDD or USB, just the network PC HDD folder to record as i wrote before.
Do You think an exernal USB 2.0 HDD maybe solve the problem?
Cheers..

No, i can say, that a network storage is working fine. I checked Timeshift and recording (FTA and encrypted) with my Solo and it works fine. Recording over night.
As far as i can say, the Softcam should be the disturbing part. Never heard about mBox?

Let me check my Solo with CCcam and Network-Storage and if it's working fine, we should perhaps change your cam to Ccam or Oscam...

Re: AW: Network PC Recording Problem – Gigablue 800SE

Yes, i see.
m*ox is a bit similar like g*ox. Its a question, if it's possible to use or not oscam instead of m*ox...
I'm not familiar with oscam. Just downloaded that, but don't know how to configure.. (where are the config files). I've found some in /etc/init.d but i think it must be more to set up..

Oscam is quite hard to setup. What about CCcam? Which Card do you want to decode?
I mean Oscam is always a good choice. We have a special section here at the Board for oscam with lots of Exampleconfigs. I am not an Oscam Expert, but we do have our experts in this section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll looking around on oscam. I do know i can not use cccam.
Thanks for Your valuable help.
See You later.
tibmikeo

No Prob, i am the moderator, thats my Job ^^

EDIT: by the way. As i expected: i have no problems with recording and watching a channel at the same time with my Giga. Works perfect with Oscam/CCcam...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Oben